新版高二Lesson 74 教学设计方案范文模板
Period: The second Period
Content: Lesson 74
1. Have the students master some useful expressions.
2. Study this lesson to know more about the life and work of the greatest freedom fighter for blacks Martin Luther King Jr.
3. Get the students to grasp the main idea by understanding some of the key words and phrases.
4. Revise the Attributive Clause.
1. set an example to.
2. spent…on sth. / in doing sth.
3. forced sb. to do sth.
Ⅰ.Organizing the class.
Greetings and make a duty report.
1. cheek the homework.
2. Revise some useful expressions.
Get the students to talk about the picture and describe what they can see.
Teach the key words.
Ⅳ. Fast Reading
Ask students to read the passage and answer the following questions.
1. Martin was murdered ______.
A. in 1964 B. by his parents
C. because he was black D. for political reasons
2. This text tells us that black people’s children received ______ in the past.
A. less education than white children
B. more education than white children
C. as much education as white children
D. as little education as white children
3. The separation of blacks and whites ______ in the southern states even in the 1950’s
A. was allowed by law B. was forbidden by law
C. was not permitted by law D. was not allowed by law
4. King had many enemies because ______.
A. he won equal civil rights for the black people
B. he won the Nobel Peace Prize
C. he was an important leader in the liberation of the black people
D. both A and C
Ⅴ. Detailed reading
Read the dialogue again and ask answer the following questions in pairs.
1. When and where was Martin Luther King Jr. born?
2. Did he like sports?
3. What did he like to do and what did he hate?
4. What was his belieg?
Ⅵ. Reading aloud.
Play the tape of the pass age for the students to listen and follow. Play the tape of part of the passage once more; this time the students listen and repeat. Pay attention to stress and intonation. At last deal with the language problems.
Ask the students to look at the part 3. Demonstrate the first item to the whole class before getting the students to work in pairs like this:
Why was 1929 important?
King was born in 1929.
Then let them do others in pairs.
Ⅷ. Word search
Get the students to do this exercise individually, and then check the answers with the class.
Read the instructions aloud. Ask individual students to complete the questions and do a repetition drill. Then check the answer with the class.
1. set an example to
2. earn some money / make some money
3. in any form / of any kind
4. achieve his goal
5. spend(time/money)…on sth. / in doing sth.
6. forced sb. to do sth.
Use the Ex. 1 for consolidating the text.
Do the Ex. 2 orally in class. Then write down the answers on the Bb.
Ⅻ. Exercises in class
Fill in the blacks with the phrases given in the box, change the form if necessary set an example to, treat…as, over and over again, join in, make a speech, put…in prison
1. Law-breakers ______.
2. I read the English text ______ yesterday.
3. Mr. Yang ______ his colleagues by his hard working spirit.
4. The Atlantic ______ Europe ______ America.
5. We ______ with them to build the library.
6. The Brows ______ me ______ one of the family.
Answers: 1. were put in the prison,
2. over and over again,
1. set an example to,
2. joins to,
3. made a speech,
Read the passage again.
Finish off the workbook exercises.